This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how MyNaijaReviews, “MNR” “us,” “our,” and “we”) uses your information and applies to all who use our Web site, mobile applications, electronic services, social networking sites, or any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, city-specific, or other area-specific Web sites we offer that link to or reference this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”) and when you receive electronic communications from us.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and review it periodically for the latest information about our privacy practices. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your personal information or interact with the Site.
We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. You can review the last version of this Privacy Statement here.
This Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Types of Information We Collect
- Your Choices
- How MyNaijaReviews Uses Information
- When and Why MNR Discloses Personal Information
- How MNR Collects Information
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- Social Networks
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Children’s Privacy
- Glossary of Terms
1. Types of Information We Collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- Access or use the Site;
- Register, subscribe, or create an account with MNR;
- Authenticate your account on MNR;
- Open or respond to our e-mails;
- Provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, Business Partners;
- Visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- Purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- Connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- Post comments to Online Communities; and
- Provide information to our Vendors.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
2. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to MNR, and you can limit the communications that MNR sends to you.
You may manage how your browser handles Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain Device Data with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
3. How MyNaijaReviews Uses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf), use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- Provide you with personalized ads and offers for products and services from us and participating Business Partners;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed on the Site – for example, for vouchers and other goods and services, including tracking redemption;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about MNR and our Business Partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from Other Sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Business Partners;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the Site, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Use of service, or to comply with the law;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants, Business Partners, or third parties through the Site, and to
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from Other Sources to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. When and Why MNR Discloses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf) may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- With any MNR Affiliate who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
- With our Vendors to provide services for us and who are required to protect the Personal Information;
- To report or collect on debts owed to us or our Business Partners;
- With relevant Business Partners:
- With a purchaser of MNR or any of the MNR Affiliates (or their assets);
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Affiliates, users, and Business Partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting MNR;
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in Nigeria and other countries where we operate; or with your consent.
We encourage Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of Personal Information obtained through MNR is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
5. How MNR Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, purchase or redeem MNR vouchers, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to an Online Community.
6. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Personal Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to us in your profile by visiting http://www.mynaijareviews.com/customer/account.aspx.
If you want to close your MNR account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
7. Social Networks
Social Community Areas
The Site may be accessible through or contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and submit media content. Prior to posting in these areas, please read our Use of service carefully. All the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public restaurant review, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. You should avoid publicly posting Personal Information or identifying information about third parties.
Connecting through Social Networks
MNR offers social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. If you are logged into both MNR and a social network, when you use the Site’ social networking connection functions, we will link your social network account with your MNR account if the email addresses match. If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts. If you are already logged into MNR but not logged into your social network site, when you use the Site’ social network connection functions, you will be prompted to enter your social network web site credentials or to sign up for the social network.
If you are not currently registered as MNR user and you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join MNR. Once you register with MNR and connect with the social network, you will be able to automatically post recent MNR activity back to your social network. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
By proceeding through any of the above steps, you grant MNR permission to access all of the elements of your social network profile information that you have made available to be shared and to use it in accordance with the social network’s Use of service and this Privacy Statement.
8. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by MNR through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our Business Partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
9. Children’s Privacy
MNR does not intend that any portion of the Site will be accessed or used by children under the age of eighteen, and such use is prohibited. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By using MNR, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Site. We will promptly delete information associated with any account we obtain actual knowledge is associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
10. Glossary of Terms
Affiliate: means a company owned and/or controlled by MyNaijaReviews
Business Partners: means, collectively, third parties with whom we conduct business, such as merchants, co-marketers, distributors, and resellers.
Cookie: A small amount of information sent by a web server to your browser that stores information about your account, preferences, and Site use.
Device Data: Information concerning a device you use to access, use, or interact with the Site.
Non-Identifying Information: Information that cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data.
Online Communities: Social networking pages, forums, bulletin boards, or other methods of communication offered on or linked through the Site.
Other Sources: Sources legally providing Groupon with information outside the scope of this Privacy Statement at the time of collection.
Personal Information: Information that specifically identifies you or can be used to identify you, including Contact Information, Relationship Information, and Transaction Information.
Pixel Tags and Web Beacons: Tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in emails that allow us to determine specific actions.
Third-Party Ad-Servers: Vendors and other third parties providing technology to place ads on websites and track ad performance.
Vendors: Third parties performing business operations for MNR, such as transaction processing, billing, and marketing.